It’s not always about slick Apple concepts, sometimes I get to create rendered concepts of fine whisky bottles and packages! – in this case, the bottle was modeled from engineering schematics and will in fact be used as box art.
I’ve been working on CG for the prequel section, as well as some character animation for the Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds Live Show for the last few months, and since the show starts its run this month (Nov) the ad which has some of my CG from the start is beginning to air in the UK.
The designers from BBC Arabic requested some training at the Maxon UK offices in Bedfordshire, and Maxon asked me to be the tutor. We focused on materials, shaders, lighting and rendering. We didn’t have very much time to prepare, but with a combination of specific queries for the BBC team, some of their scene files as well as mine for examples, we had a constructive 2 day session, despite the sudden heatwave! Maxon and I are considering doing some masterclasses where I dissect a few of my key images/scenes, and take a group through the processes involved in their creation, if you are interested in this, please drop me a line!
Yesterday, Apple finally announced the iPad tablet that people have been speculating about for several years. I have created a number of concepts based on the rumors and conjecture, amongst them is this one I created for MacFormat magazine back in March/April 09. I just struck me as very close to the new iPad with keyboard dock!!? Maybe a gift wrapped, full spec iPad with a note from Steve Jobs and Jonathon Ives would be in order!? 😉
This image, or at least one like it has been in my mind for literally years now. Probably inspired by a couple of NASA’s space colony concepts of the 70’s, definitely by Ben Bova’s novel ‘Colony’, and obviously to an extent by Greg Bear’s ‘Eon and Clarke’s ‘Rama’ series! At any rate, after getting the newest version of Cinema 4D, with render instances, and speeded up sub poly displacent, I did a couple of tests with large amounts of trees, and then started to put this idea to the test.
My current project – 3DWorld asked me to create a tutorial on animating a spider for a future issue… I was given the option to simply find a suitable ready made asset to animate, but instead decided to dive in to ZBrush. The final 2 million poly model was exported at a lower poly count to Cinema 4D, where the high poly displacement map was added, and the texturing and animation were then completed! – I’m just wrapping up the tutorial now, and when the issue goes live, I’ll also add the animation to the site – it’s looking creepy! 😀